Jews against islamophobia
As part of the International Day against Islamophobia on the 12th of December 2015
Amsterdam, Barcelona, Brussels, London, Madrid, Paris
Joint statement by Belgian Union of Progressive Jews (UPJB) and French Jewish Peace Union (UJFP)
Like all citizens deeply attached to justice and humanity, we were stunned and appalled at the mass slaughters that hit Paris on the 13th of November and whose ensuing shockwave became worldwide.
Emotions thus aroused must not favour discriminatory measures against an “enemy” that has been designated since 2001 by the so-called “clash of civilizations”.
In times gone by we were the outcasts of Europe, considered to be incapable of integrating society, and we were accused of everything that went wrong. Since murderous anti-Semitism still exists, we speak out to our brothers and sisters, whether Arabs, Turks, Muslims or those of “seemingly Muslim appearance”, who were born and raised here or who came from abroad, saying:
We are all at home here. Equality of rights, respect and dignity is due to all.
No one has the right to multiply discriminatory laws and regulations of which you are now the main victims.
No one has the right to make distinctions between us, based on one’s national origin, that would make many of you second-class citizens.
No one has the right to suspect you of anything simply because of your religion, your appearance or your presumed origin.
No one has the right to demand any justification on your part.
No one has the right to confuse Islam, Islamic fundamentalism and terrorism at every opportunity, no more than they have the right to assimilate Jews with Zionists.
No one has the right to declare a state of emergency that would turn you into potential culprits.
No one has the right to discriminate against you, be it in the workplace or in the fields of housing, education or civil rights.
No one has the right to declare new wars and build new walls or camps on Europe’s borders or on its territory.
There is no alternative to the basic rules of coexistence with equality of rights, both in Europe and in Israel/Palestine. Jews and Muslims, this society is ours. It is up to us to make it better and more equitable, together with all women and men of good faith.
The 11th of December 2015
Articles by this author
- Colloque de Technion France : derrière la beauté connectée, la technologie militaire au service de l’occupation israélienne avec le soutien du gouvernement français
- Des Juifs contre l’islamophobie
Articles by this author
- « Muslimban » et réseaux sociaux : en France et au Québec, les logiques de l’exclusion et du racisme
- Quelques unes des interventions du meeting contre l’islamophobie et la xénophobie organisé par plusieurs associations le samedi 18 décembre 2016.
- La gauche face à l’islamophobie à l’heure de la présidentielle 2017
- [VIDEO] "Islamo-gauchisme" et Islamophobie, Réponse de Yasser Laouti à Kepel & Jakubowicz (LICRA)
- Vidéos du meeting "POUR UN PRINTEMPS DE LA LIBERTÉ DE L’ÉGALITÉ ET DE LA FRATERNITÉ"
Les seules publications de notre site qui engagent notre association sont notre charte et nos communiqués. Les autres articles publiés sur ce site sans nécessairement refléter exactement nos positions, nous ont paru intéressants à verser aux débats ou à porter à votre connaissance.Home | Contact | Site Map | Log in | Site statistics | Visitors : 1504 / 1837318